One of the Parish Councils key objectives is to promote Business and Tourism across our Parish and this committee was formed to deliver that objective. Our approach is to :
- Provide a forum where business and residents can raise and discuss their needs, issues and concerns
- Improving communication within and across the Parish
- Improve facilities and infrastructure in our Parish
- Coordinate the sharing of information with other committees and with local groups promoting a wider understanding of activities and events
- Support local employment including apprenticeships and start-up businesses
- To seek a resolution of the parking problems in the centre of Goudhurst with the specific objective of achieving a sustainable solution for long, medium and short stay parking solutions. This will enable the introduction of a Traffic Management Plan to ease village centre congestion, meet the needs of business (retail, hospitality & commercial), tourists, residents and pedestrians whilst seeking to balance traffic flow with the needs of on street parking and its role in calming traffic speeds and safety.
The committee meets every two months or as required. The committee is chaired by Cllr Craig Broom with, Vice Chairman: Cllr David Knight and members: Cllrs David Boniface, Chris Ditton, Antony Harris, Barry Noakes and Guy Sutton. Current adviser(s) to the committee are: Mr Lorne Mitchell and Mr Ed Bates.
MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS