The Youth & Housing committee assists and supports local organisations promoting recreational projects which will support and inspire young people in the Parish.
The Committee has responsibility which includes:
- The football pitch and pavilion on the Chequer Field and the activities of Goudhurst United FC and their junior teams – Goudhurst Dynamos
- Goudhurst & Kilndown CE Primary School in their use of the Chequer Field facilities, including the pavilion.
- Recreational activities on the Glebe Field (Village Green) but not maintenance or legal issues.
- All aspects of the equipment and maintenance of the Back Lane children’s play area and any other play areas that may be developed on GPC’s estate.
- Liaises with the organisation of the annual Goudhurst Fete on the use of the Glebe Field.
- Activities on the Lurkins Rise (Hillier’s Field Recreational Area).
The Committee also monitors the administration of the Section 106 agreement between Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, Goudhurst Parish Council and the relevant Housing Associations relating to the allocation of affordable housing in the Parish. It monitors the Housing Needs Surveys (should be renewed every 5 years) and Affordable Housing schemes in the Parish.
The committee meets as necessary (but usually at least three times annually) and is Chaired by Cllr Phil Kirkby. Deputy Chairman: Cllr David Knight and Members: Cllrs Craig Broom and Mrs Alison Webster.
Agenda for the forthcoming meeting
Minutes of Youth & Housing 02 May 2023
Minutes of Youth & Housing 07 February 2023
Minutes of Youth & Housing 09 August 2022
Minutes of Youth & Housing 14 June 2022
Minutes of Youth & Housing 21 February 2022
Minutes of Youth & Housing 12 October 2021
Minutes of Youth & Housing 13 April 2021
Minutes of Youth & Housing 02 March 2021
Minutes of Youth & Housing 09 February 2021
Minutes of Youth & Housing 19 November 2020
Minutes of Youth 27 August 2020
Minutes of Youth 23 April 2020