The Amenities Committee manages the fabric of our community and is responsible for the maintenance of our community assets and facilities. This committee is responsible for new infrastructure projects and all public areas including:
- The Plain and Goudhurst Pond, Quarry Pond in Kilndown and the Pond Warden’s activities.
- Maintenance of the Goudhurst War Memorial and garden and the Water Trough at The Plain.
- The Glebe Fields (part Village Green) and Lurkins Rise Recreation Area (Hillier’s Field) grounds maintenance.
- Footpaths – Goudhurst has 39 miles of public footpaths that criss-cross the Parish. Many of these are old drovers roads that date back to medieval times. The Committee monitors the paths and is responsible for maintaining and improving in collaboration with other authorities e.g. Kent County Council (KCC).
- Managing the Balcombes Hill car park and the Public Lavatories.
- Village signs, notice boards, bus shelters, litter clear up campaigns, dog fouling and Christmas lights.
- Benches and trees (but not those in the Churchyards).
- Monitors rural initiative schemes e.g. High Weald Project.
- The Goudhurst Beacon.
- Oversees the annual Goudhurst in Bloom competition.
The committee meets every quarter (or as required) and is chaired by Cllr David Knight. Committee members are Cllrs Ed Read-Cutting, Geoff Mason, Caroline Richards and Alison Webster.
Minutes and Agenda