Welcome to the website of Goudhurst Parish Council which is dedicated to communicating details of all council activities with residents and better serving the communities of Curtisden Green, Goudhurst and Kilndown.
The Goudhurst Demand Led ‘Fibre to premises’ has finally been approved by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport. The project will bring fibre to more than 800 properties in Goudhurst and Curtisden Green with no installation cost.
Are You eligible?
To see if you are eligible and to pledge your voucher to this scheme, please follow this link – https://www.openreach.com/connect-my-community
More information can be found about this and other schemes at https://www.david-knight.org/…/goudhurst-fibre-fully…
The Friends of St. Mary’s has launched a Virtual Christmas Fair allowing you to buy safely from the comfort of your home
- We will have up to 30 different sellers offering Christmas gifts, decorations, stationery and produce including sweets, food and drinks. We are pleased to welcome back many of your favourite “stallholders” and some new ones with different products and ideas.
- Our sellers have all generously agreed to donate 10% of the value of their sales to us. Please use the code supplied to ensure this donation reaches us so we can continue to help maintain the beautiful Church building for future generations.
- We will give you exciting ideas for Halloween and Christmas including recipes, activities and competitions.
- The Fair will run from mid-October until mid-December but please check individual entries for last order dates.
Please Support us by:
- Buying from the comfort of your home in this safe space we’ve created for buyers and sellers
- Linking to the seller or contacting them for orders or queries
- Quoting the specific code on individual seller’s posts when ordering to ensure 10% of the sales value will be donated to Friends. This does not affect the price you pay.
- Understanding that Friends is not party to the buying/selling/delivery arrangements
- Helping friends and family and others in our community to access our Virtual Fair
- Sharing this page to friends and family
- Being kind and respectful to everyone
On average over the last 5 years we have raised £2,750 at the Fair. Please help us match that!
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
You can watch the short wreath laying service on the Goudhurst Parish Council Facebook page.
The Parish Council and Goudhurst & Kilndown Church have brought together activities to support those in the Parish during this time of uncertainty as part of a community action group.
Do you know someone who has volunteered or continues to work through the COVID-19 pandemic? Why not nominate them as your Community Hero? Go to tunbridgewells.gov.uk/heros
Electricity, gas and water companies have teamed up to promote the Priority Services Register which offers extra advice and support to vulnerable customers.
“We understand that our services are your lifelines, and when it comes to managing your electricity, gas and water, there are times when a little extra help can make all the difference to you.” – Andrew Clowes, Head of Customer Insight and Strategy at South East Water.
o find out more or to register for the service visit www.southeastwater.co.uk/hereforyou
On Saturday 19 September, Greg Clark MP formally opened the new Goudhurst Village Play Area in Back Lane – you can watch the video on our Facebook page.
Through generous donations from the local community and businesses, Goudhurst Parish Council raised £47,000 for the project.