We are responsible for Goudhurst’s Burial Authority Regulations which includes fees and charges. Our responsibilities include the maintenance of burial records, landscape maintenance and the allocation of burial and ashes plots.
The Burial Authority is also responsible for
- the maintenance of burial records
- the issue of Exclusive Right of Burial Certificates,
- allocating burial and ashes plots
- permissions for monuments.
- the maintenance of St Mary’s Churchyard, Goudhurst cemetery and burial grounds, and Christ Church Churchyard Kilndown.
The day to day administration of Burial Authority business is carried out by the Deputy Clerk (email@example.com) and this includes liaison with Funeral Directors, gravediggers and bereaved families as required.
The Burial Authority meets at least 3 times annually and consists of Chairman Cllr Mrs Caroline Richards and Cllrs Chris Ditton, Phil Kirkby, Barry Noakes and Guy Sutton.
Advisers to the committee are: The Vicar of the United Benefice and Mr David Nichol