The Youth committee assists and supports local organisations promoting recreational projects which will support and inspire young people in the Parish.
The Committee has responsibility which includes:
- The football pitch and pavilion on the Chequer Field and the activities of Goudhurst United FC and their junior teams – Goudhurst Dynamos
- Goudhurst & Kilndown CE Primary School in their use of the Chequer Field facilities, including the pavilion.
- Recreational activities on the Glebe Field (Village Green) but not maintenance or legal issues.
- All aspects of the equipment and maintenance of the Back Lane children’s play area and any other play areas that may be developed on GPC’s estate.
- Liaises with the organisation of the annual Goudhurst Fete on the use of the Glebe Field.
- Activities on the Lurkins Rise (Hillier’s Field Recreational Area).
The committee meets as necessary (but usually at least three times annually) and is Chaired by Cllr Philp Kirkby. Members comprise Cllrs Broom, Knight and Mrs Jayne Russell.
Minutes of committee meetings can be found in the Parish Council Minutes and agenda