The historic Parish of Goudhurst has a vacancy for an Assistant Clerk to the Parish Council, based in Goudhurst.
Hours: Initially the role is for 15 hours per week plus 4 hours a month to attend evening meetings (one or two a month). There is scope to expand the role and take on additional duties for the right candidate.
Salary: SCP 12 to 20 depending on experience (£24,496 to £28,371 FTE)
Reporting to: The Clerk to the Parish Council
Applications are invited for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to fill the role of Assistant Clerk to Goudhurst Parish Council. This is a varied and exciting position suiting an applicant with a desire to learn and develop.
The successful candidate will be expected to assist the Clerk with duties to include:
- To arrange, publicise, and attend Council Meetings including preparation of agendas, report writing and preparing minutes for approval.
- To attend to administrative tasks including receiving and dealing with correspondence.
- To assist with updating and formatting the Parish Council website and social media channels.
- To assist with the writing of the Parish e-newsletter and articles for other publications as requested.
- To coordinate and progress projects, including detailed research, and reporting to the Clerk and the Council.
- To assist with the organisation of events including applying for road closures and drafting risk assessments for approval by the Clerk.
A high degree of computer literacy and excellent communication skills are essential. Local Government experience is desirable but not essential as full support and training in all
aspects of the job will be offered. The successful candidate will be expected to work towards achieving the Introduction to Local Council Administration (ILCA) qualification.
A job description and person specification can be found on our website: goudhurstpc.gov.uk/recruitment-assistant-clerk. To learn more about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send a cv and covering
To apply, please send a cv and covering letter to reach the Clerk, Mrs Claire Reed at email@example.com, by the closing date: 5:00pm Monday 18th September 2023.