GOUDHURST PARISH COUNCIL
Local Government for Goudhurst, Kilndown and Curtisden Green
POLICY AND STAFFING COMMITTEE
To: Cllrs Antony Harris (Chairman), David Boniface, Craig Broom, Chris Ditton, Alan Foster, Phil Kirkby, David Knight, Barry Noakes, Mrs Caroline Richards, Mrs Jayne Russell, Guy Sutton and Peter Wood.
I summon you to a Meeting of the Policy and Staffing Committee to be held at The Jessel Room on Tuesday 19 November 2019 at 7.30 pm when the business detailed on the Agenda will be considered.
Members of the Public and the Press are welcome to attend this meeting. At the Chairman’s discretion members of the public may be invited to speak for a maximum of 3 minutes each and for a maximum of 15 minutes for all questions relating to items on the Agenda. Please state your name and address prior to speaking. Smoking is not allowed during Council meetings. Please switch off mobile phones.
Anthony Farnfield ………………………………………………………………..
Clerk 15 November 2019
The Hop Bine, Ranters Lane Goudhurst TN17 1HN
01580 212552 firstname.lastname@example.org
Quorum for a Policy Committee Meeting is 3 Members
1. Apologies: Apologies for absence as reported at the meeting
2. Declarations of Interest: To receive notice of interest in respect of items on this Agenda in accordance with the Members’ Code of Conduct.
3. The Code of Conduct for Members. This edition of the Code of Conduct (known as “The Kent Code”) was adopted by GPC on 09 July 2012, Minute 139/12. For Members information.
4. Asset Register as at 01 November 2019: Members to review the Asset Register (attached) in conjunction with Item 4, Insurance cover.
4. Insurance cover: Members to review the details of Council’s current Insurance Schedule (attached) to decide on recommendations to Council.
6. Risk Assessment: To review Council’s current Risk Assessments and to recommend any changes.
7. Banking: To review Council’s current banking arrangements, including current cheque signatories.
8. Audit: To agree the appointment of the Internal Auditor for Council’s 2020/21 annual accounts.
9. Standing Orders: To review Council’s current Standing Orders with Appendices (attached) and to decide on recommendations to Council for any amendments.
10. Financial Regulations: To review Council’s Financial Regulations (updated July 2019) (attached) and to decide on recommendations to Council for any amendments.
11. Council’s Policies: To review Council’s published Policies and to comment on any additional ones that should be drafted.
12. Annual Memberships and Grants and Direct Debit arrangements: To review and approve in principle annual memberships and grant payments for 2020/21.
13. Committee Responsibilities and Membership: To review and update as required.
14. Budget and Precept 2019/20: To receive submissions from Council Committees and to agree a 2020/20 Budget and Precept figure for approval by Council. Draft Budget figures are attached to this Agenda together with a Band D calculator.
15. Clerk’s Contracted Salary, Terms, Conditions and Job Description:
Assistant Clerk’s Contracted Salary.
Copyright © 1999- Goudhurst Parish Council