The Amenities Committee manages the fabric of our community and is responsible for the maintenance of our community assets and facilities. This committee is responsible for new infrastructure projects and all public areas including:
- The Plain & Pond, Quarry Pond Kilndown etc, play areas owned or leased by the Parish Council (GPC),
- village signs, notice boards, bus shelters, litter clear up campaigns, dog fouling and Christmas lights.
- Benches an trees (but not those in the Churchyards). Monitors rural initiative schemes e.g. High Weald Project.
- Monitors Licensing matters.
- Goudhurst Pond Warden’s activities.
- Maintenance of the Goudhurst Memorial and garden and the Water Trough at The Plain.
- The Glebe Fields (part Village Green) a Lurkins Rise Recreation Area (Hillier’s Field) grounds maintenance and legal issues.
- Managing the Balcombes Hill car park and the Public Lavatories.
- Oversees the annual Goudhurst in Bloom competition.
- Goudhurst Beacon
The committee meets every 2 months (or as required) and is chaired by Chris Ditton. The Vice Chairman is Vacant and committee members comprise Cllrs Boniface, Foster, Kirkby, Knight and Mrs Russell
Minutes of Previous Meetings